Where to Watch Fireworks Along SoCal Coast
Whether you live in the area or are traveling over summer break, the 4th of July is a great opportunity to visit the coast of Southern California. There are a number of excellent firework displays planned this year. Here are a few picks you don’t want to miss:
- 4th of July San Francisco – These fireworks are launched from Aquatic Pier and from a barge near Pier 39. Prime viewing locations include the top floor of the Pier 39 garage or the Anchorage shopping center. Fireworks are set to start at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Marina del Rey – Just south of Santa Monica, the Marina del Rey holiday festivities begin around 1 p.m. Fireworks are set to begin at 9 p.m. Viewing options include watching from the shore, or taking a July 4 Cruise.
- Newport Beach – Southern California’s largest display of fireworks is at Newport Beach Resort. Independence Day on the Bay is a huge celebration with live music, inflatables, and a pyrotechnic fireworks display. Festivities begin at 2 p.m.
- San Clemente Pier – Fireworks launched from the San Clemente Pier can be seen from almost every beach in the area. Fireworks are set to launch at 9 p.m.
- Laguna Beach – Heisler Park is a stunning place to watch the fireworks. Several roads in the area are closed in advance of the fireworks, so visitors should plan ahead. Arrive early and visit the Laguna Art-A-Fair or the Sawdust Art & Craft Festival while waiting for the fireworks to begin.