Car accidents are widespread in the state of California. In Los Angeles County alone, 92,020 victims were killed and injured in car accidents in 2017. The most common causes of these accidents are:
- Driving distracted
- Driving drunk
- Violating traffic laws
- Not allowing cars to pass
- Drowsy driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Dangerous roads
- Bad weather
Unfortunately, these conditions cause accidents that sometimes end up being a tragedy. Among the most common injuries are:
- Brain and head injuries: These injuries can show symptoms even weeks after the accident. It is important to have screening tests to ensure that you have not suffered injuries to the outside or inside of your head.
- Neck injuries: These injuries can be very uncomfortable and will require therapy to be relieved in some cases. If you feel unwell, it is best to go to a health center.
- Spinal cord injuries: These injuries can take time to appear, but the results can be painful and expensive to treat.
- Back Injuries: One problem with back injuries is that they may not be noticed immediately but develop later.
- Facial injuries: Common facial injuries include bruises, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and damage to the teeth or jaw.
- Internal Injuries: The sudden impact and forces involved in a car accident can damage internal organs such as the spleen, liver, lungs, heart, aorta, intestines, or kidneys.
- Psychological injuries: Emotional distress, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder can result from car accidents.
To avoid these injuries, it is essential to drive with caution by following all safety measures. Additionally, it is important not to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Finally, avoid distractions at all times and take precautions due to the weather.
If you suffered a vehicular accident, we recommend that you contact our legal team. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling personal injury compensation cases. We will gladly guide you legally to fight for the benefits you deserve according to your case.