Every year, more than 88,000 motorcyclists are injured on U.S. roadways. Another 5,000 or more are killed. Motorcycle related deaths account for 17 percent of all fatalities on California roadways. In 2016, there were 548 motorcycle fatalities across California.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Any sort of auto accident can be traumatic and leave you with physical and mental injuries. There are several reasons why motorcyclists are at a greater risk of being injured or killed in an auto accident. These factors include:
- Motorcycles are smaller and less visible to other drivers. Drivers who are not paying attention or don’t “see” the motorcycle are a common cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Road hazards, such as potholes, loose gravel, or debris, can be particularly dangerous for motorcyclists.
- In California, motorcyclists often travel in groups. It is important to maintain excellent communication between riders to avoid colliding with one another.
- Motorcycles, by design, do not offer enclosed protection for the driver or passengers. It is important to always wear proper safety equipment while riding (helmet, leathers, boots, etc.).
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing, contact The Law Offices of Dennis R. Fusi & Associates, PLC today to learn more about your options for recovery.
Getting Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
The goal of motorcycle accident cases is to secure compensation for your injuries and losses. This may include losses related to:
- Physical injuries and related medical expenses – past and future
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Damage to property
The value of your claim will depend on the severity of your injuries, the degree of fault, and other factors unique to your case. The only way to find out what compensation you may be entitled to is to contact The Law Offices of Dennis R. Fusi & Associates, PLC to speak with one of our motorcycle accident attorneys about your case.
Compassionate Legal Guidance
At The Law Offices of Dennis R. Fusi & Associates, PLC, we offer compassionate legal guidance that is respectful of your difficult situation. our attorneys and staff understand this difficult time and are here to help.
|Week Days||8:00 – 6:00|