If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else, you are likely considering filing a personal injury lawsuit. You are also likely wondering exactly what sort of compensation you may be entitled to. In legal terms, this compensation refers to the “damages” have you suffered as a result of your injury. Let’s take a closer look.

What Types of Damages Can I Sue For?

Damages is the legal term for what a victim has lost in a personal injury accident. Damages include the physical, monetary, and mental impact of your injuries. The types of damages you can sue for will depend on the facts of your case. Generally speaking, you may be able to sue for: