Workers’ compensation is an important system for workers in California. Almost any injury that happens while on the job qualifies for workers’ compensation benefits. This is important for families affected by work injuries so that they maintain financial stability and get help with medical bills. But are all work-related injuries covered by workers’ compensation?
The answer is no. There are some situations where you may be injured, but you do not qualify to file a workers’ compensation claim. These situations include:
- An injury that is completely remedied through basic First-Aid.
- Injuries you sustained while commuting to work.
- Injuries sustained while on a break, at lunch, or clocked out.
- Injuries caused by alcohol or drug use.
- Injuries resulting from off-the-clock recreational activities (work-related social events)
- Fighting or horse playing with co-workers
Every state has different workers’ compensation laws, and every case is different. If you are injured due to a work-related accident or incident contact The Law Offices of Dennis R. Fusi & Associates. We can help you determine if you are eligible for workers’ compensation, and if so, we can help you file your claim.